Angelica is a character from Rugrats, an American animated television series from the nineties that ran for nine seasons. The show, which proved to be popular among kids, told the story of the daily life activities of a group of toddlers that would usually involve practical life experiences that end up being adventurous from a baby’s perspective.
The characters included Chuckie, Tommy, twins Phil and Lil and finally Angelica. Angelica, who is spoiled by her parents, is the oldest of the toddlers and often bullies her cousin Tommy and his friends while referring to them as “stupid babies”.
While all this goes on, the adults in the program are always clueless. In this post we’re going to guide you on how to make your own Angelica Rugrats costume, perfect for Halloween!
Table of Contents
Angelica Rugrats Outfit
Before we dive into how to make your own Angelica costume from scratch take a look at these cosplays sets that will save you time and hassle. You get a blonde wig.headpiece, dress and leggings.
Angelica Rugrats Wig
For her hair you’ll need a blonde wig with pigtails and a pair of purple hair bows. This cosplay wig we’ve picked out for you has two clip on ponytails that are perfect for this character.
Angelica Rugrats Dress
• A plain orange t-shirt with long sleeves
• A black fabric marker
• A ruler
• A short purple dress
• A pair of blue leggings
• A circular sponge
• Green/White fabric paint
• Small brush
• A pair of blue or purple rubbers shoes
• White laces
• A pair of orange socks
Once you have the above items in place, follow these steps to make your Angelica Rugrats costume:
1. Make two bows on either side of the blonde wig with the purple bows in such a way that the hair is held up, or you can choose to let it down so that it settles on the shoulders.
2. To complete the sleeves, use the black marker and ruler to draw thin, straight stripes along the sleeves of the t-shirt.
3. Repeat the same on the other side of the sleeve by tracing the lines towards the back.
4. Take the sponge and dip it in a bowl of green or white paint then mark random dots throughout the legs of the blue leggings.
5. Repaint the dots with a small brush to make them more visible and opaque.
6. The purple dress is worn over the t-shirt to ensure that on the striped sleeves are exposed.
7. The leggings are also tucked into the orange socks and exposed from just above the ankle and upwards.
The next time you are thinking of a costume for Halloween, don’t let it be a hassle. Just follow the above simple step-by-step guide to come up with the perfect Angelica Rugrats costume and look.